We’re looking to hire a Strategic Deployment Manager to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is a pioneer on the cutting edge of applying physics-based and machine learning approaches to computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. Our innovative software suites and enterprise platform are revolutionizing the design of new therapeutics and materials. Several of our industry leading products were first-in-class or are best-in-class, including LiveDesign, FEP+, WaterMap, and Glide.
As a member of our Enterprise Informatics team, you’ll play a vital role in the implementation of LiveDesign and our molecular modeling suite at pharmaceutical and biotech customers in Japan, helping oversee the use and success of the implementation. By serving as the voice of the customer, you will also help drive future development and support in a strategic fashion. This senior-level position is an instrumental consultant for scientists who use LiveDesign to better achieve their goals. By applying your experience and knowledge, you’ll become a key driver of the product and its capabilities.
Who will love this job:
- A computational chemistry or cheminformatics enthusiast (both in theory and application)
- An excellent communicator and presenter with great project management and organizational skills
- A creative person who enjoys helping others solve scientific and technical challenges
- An independent self-motivator who manages his/her own time well
What you’ll do:
- Lead LiveDesign implementation, from early stage discussions, through training, deployment, and overall success in collaboration with internal team; Account manager, Solution architect including global colleagues
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective customers, which includes demonstrating the optimal use of our life science software suite and enterprise platform, facilitating interactions among customers and solution architects and product development teams, and providing scientific workflow guidance to help customers achieve their goals
- Help drive product development and the roadmap design by working closely with product management and engineering, bringing the real-world customer needs to team
What you should have:
- MS in life science with 3+ years in a life sciences field related to drug discovery, MSc or PhD preferred
- Experience with computational chemistry or cheminformatics in a research setting
- Project management skills
- Japanese (native level) and English (business level) language skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven track record of being highly organized, with excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to come to the Tokyo office when needed
- Knowledgeable in software development practices and/or familiar with enterprise software technology concepts
- Experience with user-facing roles
- Experience in OS level support for web and database systems
- Drug discovery in a pharmaceutical environment: either in a supporting role externally, or as part of the process internally
- Project management experiences