We’re looking for a few excellent software engineers to join the teams responsible for both building our trading platform and implementing our trading strategies that run on these platforms. PDTers are creative, energetic, friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative. If you could walk around our office, you’d see that we’re a focused, intent, and nimble company with none of the attitude and bureaucracy of a stereotypical Wall Street trading firm.
Our engineers love to work on challenging and complicated problems, and in return, they have a chance to make a direct impact on our bottom line. For the right talent, there is fantastic growth potential. As an engineer within this group, there are two different opportunities, one working on the trading infrastructure itself, and another putting into production the models that run on this infrastructure.
Within the Trading Technology group, there are two teams which are described below:
Trading Infrastructure Engineer (TI):
As TI engineer, you’ll work on a small, but global team of highly experienced systems and applications engineers focused on the creation, management and support of real-time trading systems. A role on this team offers significant exposure to sophisticated methods of trading, from the handling and distribution of market data to order management and routing solutions.
Successful candidates come from very strong technical and academic backgrounds, are interested in solving complex technical issues, wish to be deeply involved in hands-on programming. They also enjoy ownership of business-critical projects, working on the full life cycle of large complex systems, from designing and implementing new components and features to supporting and enhancing existing functionality.
- Develop and maintain our proprietary software stack using C++, Assembly, Python, Unix/Linux
- Use software development methodologies to implement and extend order management, compliance, exchange connectivity, market data, and routing functionality
- Design and implement our next generation real-time trading platform
- Maintain and enhance our internal development infrastructure, which includes our build and deployment environments, compilers, debuggers, and other development tools
- Manage and support the operation of our global trading system, troubleshooting and debugging issues
- Monitor compliance-related issues and market/exchange technology changes
Strategy Implementation Engineer:
Seeking CS hackers to sift through the raw ore of global markets for suitable input to machine learning pipelines. Must understand how to automate systems that trade 23 hours a day, 6 days a week, and have the courage to make rational decisions when they don't meet expectations. Ideal candidate would find arcane details of software, markets, and statistics fascinating, and be comfortable working in an environment where ingenuity, teamwork, and pragmatism triumph over org chart and politics.
- Joining a close knit engineering team to design, implement, and manage the full lifecycle of real time quantitative trading systems
- Daily work involves coding in Python/C++, maintaining sophisticated machine learning pipelines, and obsessive tracking of model and market performance
- Communication: substance valued over style. Expected to contribute to discussions ranging from multivariate distribution modeling to CPU architectures to bar napkin VAR measurements with experts in each of these fields, all in the same day
- Must have tenacity to swiftly isolate subtle numeric errors and performance bottlenecks in nuanced and compulsively evolving codebases
- Qualifications: Interest in financial markets, expertise in Python, C++, or equivalent languages, undergraduate level understanding of linear algebra and statistics
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-six-year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Significant experience programming in one or more of C++, Python, and Java
- Ability to collaborate with a larger team on design innovations
- Keen debugging, problem-solving, and optimization skills
- Pragmatic and mature approach to technology
- Experience designing fully automated, scalable, supportable, and reliable trading systems highly desirable
- Knowledge of finance and trading systems strongly preferred
Bachelors or masters degree in CS from a rigorous academic program