PDT Partners – a quantitative investment manager – is seeking an intellectually curious, independent, collaborative professional interested in learning about and contributing to a world-class, quantitative trading business as a Fund Analytics & Operations Associate. The role provides an opportunity to participate in all aspects of our complex trading operations, to design and execute procedures, as well as to provide analytics and business insights for key management decisions that allow us to grow our strategies.
The Fund Analytics & Operations Associate is expected to contribute to our trading operational alpha by handling trade processing, investigating trade and position breaks, and working with counterparties and internal teams. The Associate will also partake in new projects, from the launch of new funds to the trading of new products or entering new markets.
Success in this role means completing our trading operations and making it more efficient, reliable, and scalable by improving existing processes as well as providing impactful analyses. It’s a great opportunity to learn about, and meaningfully shape, a vital part of our firm.
PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-seven-year track record and a reputation for excellence. We strive to be the best quantitative investment firm on the planet, not by assets under management, but by the quality of our products. As a place to work, PDT’s extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Ensure operational excellence by performing core activities as well as reconciling daily trade processing/settlement and positions across various products, regions, and counterparties
- Improve existing procedures and create more efficient ones, often in collaboration with many areas of the firm
- Prototype new tools to facilitate structuring and analyzing our post-trade-related data in insightful ways
- Formulate and deliver analytics and reports for management and various committees that impact the business
- Monitor and analyze stock loan rates and availability of hard to borrows
- Participate in new launches, trading with new counterparties, and new markets/products
- Liaise with prime and executing brokers, fund administrators, and other counterparties
- Assess the effect of pending voluntary corporate actions, working with portfolio managers
Below is a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- Proven ability to resolve sophisticated issues and to advance multifaceted projects
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytical thinking and problem-solving, with intuitive numerical sense
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong SQL and Excel skills; programming experience or a desire to learn technical skills
- Experience with data warehouses, querying, and visualization tools is a plus
- Knowledge of the trade lifecycle is a plus
- 1-3 years of professional experience; interest in finance is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
DISCLAIMER: This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). PDT will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, PDT will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.