We’re looking for excellent developers to join our growing Software Engineering organization. Our work is collaborative, and our hiring reflects that. Interviewing at PDT is focused less on filling a specific role, and more on finding great people who can build long-term, varied careers with us.
Software Engineers at PDT are responsible for building and maintaining the technology the enables all parts of the trading life cycle, including building the trading systems, risk controls and post-trade technologies.
We are looking for people that can add to a company that values creativity, energy and problems that are solved by collective thinking. We are focused, deliberate, but nimble. We want our people to have the freedom to assess and then solve the challenging problems they are faced with independence and agility. This gives them an opportunity to make a direct impact on our bottom line. For the right talent, PDT offers fantastic growth potential.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 25+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Partner with internal end-users to understand (and anticipate) new features and requirements, then engineer efficient and effective
- Develop and maintain our proprietary software stack using C++, Python, and Java.
- Identifying, assessing, deploying the latest open-source and third-party software in both an on-prem and cloud environment.
Below is a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- Significant experience programming in one or more of C++, Python, or Java.
- Experience working directly with users or clients, capturing requirements, and scoping
- Ability to participate in the design of complex software systems and select prudent and pragmatic technologies to fit the business objective.
- Experience working with trading systems or financial data, working with low-latency systems, or working in a data science- or research-adjacent role a plus.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science
The salary range for this role is between $160,000 and $200,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.