PDT Partners – a quantitative investment manager – is seeking a sharp, independent analyst to join our Technical and Trading Operations team. The Technical and Trading Operations team manages our production plant and runs our global real-time algorithmic trading around the clock from New York City. This role offers a unique opportunity to be at the center of a leading quantitative trading firm, with exposure to many parts of the business and a crucial role in helping them fit together.
You will work collaboratively with fellow team members, as well as technologists, risk managers, and portfolio managers to oversee both our trading and technology and respond to alerts and other signs of irregular activity. This role will focus on European coverage (2:30 am - Noon ET).
You should thrive on the sense of urgency and quick problem-solving required in such an environment, as you will guide our systems through pre-market activities, real-time trade execution, and post-session processing. You should also be relentless in driving continual improvement in our processes and tools, making us more efficient and resilient. You will also build tools and automation to improve PDT’s operational capabilities.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 30+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Monitor our trading and portfolios to ensure they adhere to risk and trading limits.
- Monitor and guide the successful execution of algorithmic trading, rolls, and hedging.
- Triage outages and order problems - work with internal and external groups if necessary.
- Provide market and trading analysis, proactively investigate new opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Prepare for and respond to market events, corporate actions, and regulatory changes.
- Help manage the deployment of new strategies and models.
- Help design and develop internal tools, dashboards, and automation.
- Support post-trade activities to aid effective clearing and accurate record-keeping.
Below is a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 3-10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Exposure to and/or passionate interest in financial markets, asset classes, market structure, industry news, and related systems
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, particularly in fast paced, high-pressure environments.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with a variety of technical competencies is desirable, which may include one or more of the following: Python, Flask, Java, C#, SQL, UNIX/Linux, networking, cloud technologies, scheduling/orchestration, etc.
The salary range for this role is between $125,000 and $225,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: For information on ways PDT may collect, use, and process your personal information, please see PDT’s privacy notices.