The PDT team is looking for a highly talented TPM to join our Trading Technology team.
The TPM will work closely with the firm’s trading infrastructure team to manage the execution of key initiatives, help drive innovative changes to the firm’s infrastructure, participate in strategic planning, and identify opportunities to improve day to day operations. The TPM will be responsible for managing technology projects that at times will be running in parallel. These projects may have different stakeholders, implementation teams, deliverables, and timelines. The TPM will build and maintain relationships across different groups in order to facilitate cross-team communication and coordination. They will also anticipate downstream needs, track key dependencies, identify and alleviate potential bottlenecks.
The ideal candidate will be pragmatic, highly proactive with a strong sense of urgency and superb follow-through. They will also possess strong organizational skills, knowledge of program management best practices and intuitive understanding of when to apply them.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar thirty year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Hands-on project and program management, cross-functional coordination, and team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Track progress and provide updates on program status, representing the program in meetings, including preparing and presenting appropriate documentation to peers and senior management.
- Facilitate and organize various meetings within the lifecycle of the program to keep the work progressing and the team members collaborating.
- Coordinate with internal groups to guide business-critical goals from concept to implementation. Understanding of dependency management.
- Manage the program schedule toward an achievable and clearly-defined timeframe, while identifying and raising possible issues. Take responsibility for release schedule and milestones, in a fast-paced environment.
- Constant focus on improving efficiency and streamlining processes, identifying and removing obstacles or bottlenecks
- Participate and help promote organizational change initiatives, understanding team values and creating a culture of continuous feedback and iterative improvement.
Below is a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people:
- 3+ years project and program management experience
- Ability to understand or willingness to learn complex technology concepts and interface with software and infrastructure engineers; prior experience collaborating with technologists is necessary
- Practical, inventive problem-solver who can triage, as well as readily pivot between day-to-day issues and the big picture
- Works well with ambiguity and is naturally inclined to drive clarity
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial drive who can execute with minimal supervision; naturally organized and attentive to detail
- A natural servant-leader who drives successful outcomes without direct authority