Role: Senior Project Director
Working in partnership with our client, As an experienced Project Director you’ll own operational delivery on one of our most important UK accounts, working alongside our talented team to drive successful business processes that generate great work and great client relationships. You’ll have the commercial nose and organisational and excel skills to partner with our experienced Business Director to drive growth and value for our client.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
you’re confident, smart, enthusiastic, commercial and proactive: a collaborative, intellectually nimble self-starter who thrives on variety, pace and working as part of a large team.
You’ll probably come from a Creative and Production agency background, ideally with experience of working on a large account in a regulated industry with multiple client projects.
It goes without saying that you’ll have meticulous attention to detail, with an ability to know what’s going on across the whole account, ensuring operationally nothing falls through the cracks.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You’ll be leading our 10-strong client facing project management team. The wider team is 65 strong with a variety of backgrounds (studio, 121 agencies and ATL agencies) and working across almost every conceivable channel and type of digital, motion and print comms from TV, radio, press, retail and OOH to 121 to colleague engagement, sales and POS materials to service and mandatory comms. B2C, B2B and B2B2C.
You’ll report into our experienced Business Director and take a key role in our Senior Leadership team alongside our Group Account Directors and Creative Leads.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Building and owning the account wide client scope of work for 2022 – managing client budgets from multiple teams and budget lines; refining and adjusting them throughout the year and ensuring equity across peaks and troughs of demand
- Owning the account P&L and working with the Business Director to manage account profitability and resource balance
- Leading our OOS/project financial management, ensuring we are on track to reconcile to meet targets
- Overseeing the accurate scoping, planning and specification of large programmes, projects and workstreams
- Leading the resourcing of the account, working with two traffic/studio managers and the PM team
- Coordinating additional resource into the team to accommodate spikes of work – recruiting perm, freelance and offshore resource as required – and deploying spare capacity to enable us to accurately manage utilisation
- Problem solving with the wider team to resolve operational and organisational challenges as they arise
- Operationally mentoring team members and leading with a strong, exemplary work ethic to ensure best practices are followed at all times
- Working with the Business Director to deliver timely, accurate and meaningful MI into the client teams on a monthly basis and ad hoc as required
- Overseeing compliance/governance with operational SLAs and ensuring we capture the data required to report on time each month and quarter
- Driving and implementing process improvements and change where necessary to make the team ever more efficient and agile
- Managing the flow of team-wide communications, ensuring information is disseminated efficiently and effectively
- Taking overall responsibility for project and account governance, ensuring all tasks are completed to the required standard for the relevant channels
- Taking responsibility for the relationship management, cost, quality, and delivery of third-party vendors and partners
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- 10+ years’ experience of Project Management operational leadership in creative or production-based agencies and ideally from working on large and complex client accounts
- A strong and positive energy and the ability to work collaboratively with a big team from a wide range of backgrounds
- The authority and gravitas to drive new ways of working that will benefit the team in the long term
- Brilliant juggling, prioritisation and organisational skills with the ability to pivot priorities as the day and month dictates
- Strong and proven commerciality and financial savviness with first class excel skills, the ability to condense complex budgets and concepts into simple client facing sound bites and fabulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills – you’ll love making the complex simple
- An intellectual nimbleness with the ability to work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines and demands in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Great understanding of digital marketing trends, platforms and skillsets alongside knowledge of print and traditional media
- Proven management and mentoring skills – as well as your direct reports, you will act as confident and operational lead for the whole team
- An appetite for continuous improvement, change and the desire to go further, faster, better
- Great listening skills and the collaborative conceptual flexibility to challenge convention and precedence to create innovative solutions to business challenges
- Solid experience of overseeing/validating project budget management and scheduling – estimating, timings, costs
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.