Role: Social Content & Community Director
Working in partnership with our client, the Social Content & Community Director will lead our award-winning social team based in-house at a global FMCG powerhouse in Leatherhead. The role is tasked with inspiring and leading a team of Content and Community Managers whose role is to drive conversation and excitement around famous UK brands online. Our ideal candidate blends commercial acumen, operational rigour and client management with strategic and social expertise (social strategy experience a plus), has prior experience managing a team and enjoys getting stuck in with social playbooks, always on content, engagement strategies and client handling.
You will lead a team writing, developing and deploying social content and responses, helping to support campaigns and social calendars and create reactive/proactive content. You'll be client- facing, working closely with internal/external digital teams, strategists, designers and copywriters.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are a reliable and professional manager who lives and breathes social culture, with your finger on the pulse of the latest and emerging trends, as well an understanding of storytelling in social. You think about platforms and audiences. You will be ambitious and engaged with brands and consumers; interested in what makes them tick. Additionally, experience working in a large corporate environment with multiple stakeholders will be beneficial.
Most importantly, this role requires a steady, courteous, and proactive individual with great people skills. We value hard work, and we want to have fun doing it. The successful candidate will have a strong background of working with digital and social agencies and must excel in planning, partnering with Strategy to execute social strategy and have hands-on input in producing engaging and creative social media and digital work.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
Established in 2016, U-Studio is Unilever’s in-house creative agency, specialising in the creation of needs content and social & digital advertising. Powered by OLIVER agency it houses a wealth of strategic and creative expertise, giving brands access and proximity to the right skillsets at the right times. U-Studio is a global network spanning 17 markets and all Unilever categories, giving us a huge variety of briefs to work on.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
Social Media Leadership:
- Demonstrate ‘thought leadership’ - setting and optimising the team’s perspective on social media marketing for this bustling UK market.
- Key point of contact for management across creative, client services, strategy teams as well as a liaison to the clients.
- Oversight on Content and Community team activities and any strategy or major callouts
- Partner with the strategy team to execute social strategy in our content effectively
- Leverage depth of insight across team of CMs for Unilever brands
- Expertise in community management and creative best practices
- Support cross department communications between CMs, brands, external teams
- Oversee final deliverables (content calendar, social snapshot, other reporting etc)
- Attending client presentations with the CMs as needed
- Reviewing work
- Coaching and mentoring
- Feedback from the perspective of social media discipline
- Setting expectations and goals
- Managing HR admin: holiday approvals, reviews, feedback, client relationships
- Receiving any requests for changes of team structure or brand portfolio and recommending the necessary changes that result, partnering with account management to assess the commercial impact
- Receiving team feedback from clients and using this to steer the correct course of action, be that an internal promotion or guidance on performance etc
- Partnering with the Client and the U-Studio Business Lead on continued business growth and driving opportunities forward.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- 8+ years of experience working on social in agencies and brands (Agency experience is essential).
- 4+ years’ experience with demonstrated strength in people management.
- 3+ years’ experience working with an enterprise social media management tool, eg, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Spredfast (Khoros), Sprout.
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills.
- Proven work experience as a community manager.
- Highly organised with a proactive attitudeCulturally attuned to UK happeningsHigh proficiency in the English language.
- Social metrics aware & social content savvy.
- On the pulse of platform innovations and their applications to brands.
- Prior experience presenting findings and ideas to clients, confidence to explain decisions.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A dynamic work environment
- The opportunity to join a successful and forward-thinking organisation
- Access to on-site gym, hair salon, subsidised cafeteria and discounted household item shop
- Career fulfilment working on high profile client projects
- Competitive compensation and benefits
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.