Nubank is a leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 12 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 8 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
What will be your main responsibilities as UI Engineering at Nubank?
- Develop web applications with great performance, accessibility and usability, which are used by both clients and internally in Nubank;
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to develop products and features that enhance the quality of user experience.
- Collaborate with engineers on defining APIs, data models and domains;
- Build automations that guarantee the quality of the products and contribute to the productivity of the engineers.
Want to know a little bit more about the team? Meet some Nubankers:
You must have:
- Experience with the React ecosystem and familiarity with stacks of frameworks, tools and task automation tools and tests.
- Comfortable to implement responsive and high-performance interfaces for various environments and browsers, including animations of transitions and interactions.
We believe in good team chemistry, enthusiasm for building things, and the capacity to learn new things when we stay humble and open-minded.
- Familiarity with good usability and design practices;
- Experience with SEO and analytics tools;
- Experience with AWS infrastructure;
- Knowledge in GraphQL;
- Knowledge in micro-service architecture;
- Skills with functional programming;
- Knowledge in Clojurescript.
You will fit well if you are:
- Results-oriented and enjoy shipping new features
- Hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- Open to embrace conflict of ideas and will to question the status quo
- Fast learning and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Aiming to build great products and doing great work by international standards
- Focus on understand the big picture, to be held accountable and to make a meaningful contribution with your work
The list of benefits must follow Nubank’s model:
- 15 days paid vacations per year.
- 1 month year end bonus (aguinaldo).
- Food allowance (vales de despensa).
- Life insurance.
- Health insurance.
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.