Nubank was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital banking platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. For more information, visit our institutional page.
Engineering at Nubank
We strive for state-of-the-art software development practices, that currently includes a variety of technologies. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
- Horizontally scalable microservices written mostly in Clojure, using Finagle and leveraging upon functional programming techniques and hexagonal architecture
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS
- Storing data in Datomic and DynamoDB
- Monitoring and observability with Prometheus
- Running as much as possible in Kubernetes
We are a process-light organization that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
As a Software Engineer, you’re expected to:
- Work with large scale distributed systems
- Collaborate with building microservices
- Have practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Work with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Food Card
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Transportation assistance
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Child care and parental assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gym partnership
Our Nu Way of Working
Our work model is hybrid and has cycles that can be from two to three months according to the business of expertise. For every eight or twelve weeks of remote work, one will be at the office. Know more in this blog: Nu Way of Working: Nubank’s new hybrid work model
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.