MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry by making good housing more accessible through innovative technology. At MeetElise we use machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, our talented team of engineers and scientists are creating a groundbreaking, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. Elise answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and excited customers. Our technical cofounders are from MIT and the University of Cambridge, and our talent is drawn from the world’s top universities and companies, creating an intellectually vibrant team driven to make a difference.
We’re working to build the future we want to live in: a future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
Our culture is inclusive, and we emphasise creativity, accountability and individual agency.
About the role
You will be using our data to engineer products that drive product strategy to propel our rapid growth. You will work closely with our exceptional software development and machine learning engineers, designing and building out the infrastructure for 24/7 service for our first million apartments and beyond. You will have ownership over your work which will make a direct and meaningful impact on a product used by thousands of people a day. You will:
- Reveal strategic trends and identify market opportunities from natural language and email data.
- Work with and understand a variety of datasets.
- Collaborate with ML engineers to generate models to solve a specific task.
- Analyze models to validate whether they are solving the problem at hand.
Growth and impact. You’ll be directly transforming how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup that’s scaling quickly. You will identify how we can grow on a daily basis and execute on it. Failure is encouraged: you’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. You will always know that your manager would fight to keep you on the team. At every step, your innovative and compassionate teammates will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
You’re hungry to dive in and contribute, and value learning and teaching from others in a collaborative small team environment. We recognize that data science and engineering is often learned “on the job,” so we’re not only looking for people whose resumes check all the boxes, but also those who resonate with our mission and culture. You:
- Have 4+ years of industry work experience as a data scientist or software engineer
- Are driven and excited to join a highly productive team composed of engineers and scientists at a fast-growing startup
- Are a hands-on engineer as well as a strategic planner
- Have a track record of translating business needs into quantifiable problems, and applying statistical or machine learning models to solve them
- Are comfortable writing production level Python code that is maintainable and testable
- Work well in a collaborative environment
You might also have:
- Experience using AWS or another cloud service
- Familiarity with spark
- A PhD in a quantitative discipline
We’re seeking top talent and expect our teammates to make a significant impact to fuel our growth. We want to ensure that we promote creativity and innovation by offering comprehensive benefits, including:
- Top of your market salary/stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- We have an unlimited vacation policy, and actively encourage each other to use it
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.