MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
Our small, courageous team is building the future we want to live in. A future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
About The Role
Sometimes clients have questions about how MeetElise works, need a configuration change or would like to report an issue with our product.
When they contact us their expectations are high: they want prompt, courteous service that quickly resolves their issue.
But our systems are complex, each client has their own configuration and working with an AI-powered virtual leasing assistant is a new concept. Sometimes issues can take multiple days and involve multiple teams to fully solve.
Support specialists remove the complexity for our customers. They understand every detail of our systems, know where to find configuration information and are quickly able to find a resolution or provide key information to customers.
In addition to being technical problem solvers they’re also adept communicators, able to manage customer expectations while delivering crystal clear communication that takes the sting out of any issues a customer is experiencing.
Through diligent problem solving, exceptional prioritization and super consistent communication Support Specialists turn negatives into positives and clients into advocates for MeetElise.
Deeply understand our systems, customers and how they work best together
- How we onboard clients and translate their preferences into our system’s settings
- How our integrations work with client email, calendar, CRM, and property management systems
- How we process prospective renters’ messages and how we craft an appropriate response
- How our clients’ businesses work and how issues they report impact their operations
- How the MeetElise Engineering and Product team bug prioritization process works and what high quality inputs to that process look like
Provide excellent, customer obsessed support to our clients
- Quickly, clearly and professionally communicate with clients to understanding their issues, reproduction steps and the business impact they’re causing
- Resolve issues by providing empathetic, over-the-top, extra-mile customer service
- Follow-up regularly to ensure client issues are solved and clients are happy with the resolution you provided
- Prioritize your time according to the impact of the issue on the clients’ business
- Advise clients on best practices for configuring and interacting with the ME Leasing Assistant
Investigate and document bugs
- Investigate the root cause using SQL queries, logs, and other sources of data
- Identify the business impact of observed issues by running queries, analyzing logs and checking dashboards
- Write highly effective Jira bug tickets that provide clear descriptions of what is wrong, how to reproduce the issue, the business impact the issue is having and relevant documents that will help prioritize the issue and quickly solve it
- Communicate bug fixes to our clients, confirm the issue is solved and share these updates with your team members
Identify opportunities to improve the way we operate
- Lower the time it takes to solve issues by creating documentation on how our system works and how to resolve common issues
- Identify common workflows that take are slow or tedious and suggest improvements that make them quick and effortless
- Work with Product Operations and Product Analytics to improve the visibility into the performance of our clients and their use of our products
Skills we’re looking for include...
- Deep empathy for customers
- Demonstrated technical proficiency such as a computer science degree, bootcamp certificate or previous work experience
- Bias towards data driven decision making
- Excellent information collection and analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive clarity while working on complex problems
- 2+ years in a role where you interacted with customers on a daily basis
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries
- Experience with support software and CRMs (e.g., Zendesk, Salesforce)
Nice to haves include
- CS degree, bootcamp certificate or equivalent
- Having built your own projects using low code / no code tools such as Retool or Airtable
- Advanced knowledge of Google Sheets
- Experience writing code in Java or Python
- Familiarity with DataDog or other similar event logging software
Growth and impact.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. That means that instead of following a playbook, you’ll be writing it. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
While you’ll be personally growing, you’ll also have an enormous impact on MeetElise and the housing industry. As one of our early team members, you’ll have a seat at the table as we’re determining the strategy for the client success team and creating the best customer experience in the industr
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.