MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
Our small, courageous team is building the future we want to live in. A future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
About the role
As a Senior User Experience Researcher, you'll work independently to answer pressing Design and Product team questions that drive critical product decisions.
You’ll shape the company’s thinking by providing insights about people, technology, and how they interact. By taking a leading role in identifying user problems, focusing project vision and defining strategies you will inspire the team to think in new ways about how people work alongside technology.
You'll work across multiple product and design teams to identify user experience issues with our current products, benchmark performance against competitors, and propose generalized design solutions for use across our various products.
You will have an impact across a wide variety of business and technology decisions at all stages of the product development lifecycle. Some of your work will help us iterate, some of it will help us launch brand new products in dynamic new markets.
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Structure, distribute and analyze surveys to evaluate the impact of product changes and capture insights at scale
- Benchmark the user experience of products over time and against competitors
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, data scientists, marketers and operations teams to ensure your research provides a holistic view of our users
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to support business decision making through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops, and other creative approaches
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high-quality insights in a fast-paced work environment
- Set the benchmark for quality and drive the culture of the growing user research team
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Computer Science, Anthropology, Communications, Information Science or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of professional experience conducting user research
- A strong track record of conducting innovative, multi-method research studies that improve the quality of existing and new products
- Experience conducting evaluative benchmarking usability studies
- Experience driving research initiatives that fundamentally change design, product, and business priorities
- Experience conducting statistical analysis of large scale survey data
- Previous experience conducting research in support of successful new product or service offering
- Self starter who is action-orientated with the ability to influence others
- Entrepreneurial; gritty, ‘roll-up-your sleeves’ attitude
- Direct, clear and proactive communicator
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects with ease
- Collaborative team player
- Ego free
Growth and impact.
You’ll be learning and shipping constantly.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Top of market salary and stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.