MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
About the role
MeetElise is growing quickly and you’ll be scaling out the infrastructure for 24/7 service for our first million apartments and beyond. The product-engineering team is small but growing, which means you’ll have a huge impact on the technical direction and product that is used by thousands of people a day.
Here are your core objectives:
- Contribute rapidly to our core software platform that automates the leasing process and helps our customers operate their apartment communities more efficiently.
- Develop and own new features that increase value for our customers.
- Learn and drive engineering best practices.
- Leverage automating testing and continuous integration / continuous delivery in order to rapidly iterate on our product.
Growth and impact.
You’ll be learning and shipping daily.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
We’re much more interested in someone who is hungry to learn and perform than someone whose resume checks all the boxes.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is excited to work hard at a fast-growing startup
- Is great at solving problems with little guidance
- Has startup mindset, ownership, and a proper balance of quality and sense of urgency
- Has strong bias for action
- Has strong system design knowledge
Nice to haves include
- Understanding of microservices architecture and event-driven distributed systems
- AWS experience
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Top of the market salary and stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.