MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
Our small, courageous team is building the future we want to live in. A future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
About the role
In this role, you will work closely with the CEO, the management team, and the board of directors to drive fast growth and business efficiency.
We are looking for someone who is autonomous and has a track record of leadership and ability to execute. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and lead MeetElise's internal finance function
- Accounting - Hire and manage a controller, work with outside accountants, work on audits, etc.
- FP&A - Build a model of the business that project performance into the future
- Track business performance over time, and continually improve model to be more robust an predictive
- Ensure the company has accurate financial metrics (revenue, expenses, cash flow/burn) at all times
- Partner with the CEO on investor relations – help prepare board decks, help with fundraising (process, due diligence, etc), update investors
- Help the company optimize capital needs
- Manage the cash in the business intelligently, balancing returns and risk
- Understand the company's tax requirements and ensure compliance
- Partner with VP of Sales: manage revenue, pays sales commissions, etc.
- Put scalable systems in place (e.g. transition from Quickbooks to Netsuite)
- 6+ years of relevant finance experience
- 3+ years in a strategic finance leadership role in startups
- Highly detail-oriented and proven ability to execute
- Experience communicating and collaborating with investors and raising venture capital
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and with senior business leaders
- An expert in Microsoft Excel
Growth and impact.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. That means that instead of following a playbook, you’ll be writing it. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
While you’ll be personally growing, you’ll also have an enormous impact on MeetElise and the housing industry. As one of our founding team members, you’ll have a seat at the table as we’re determining company strategy and creating a best-in-class service.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Top market salary and stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.