WHO WE ARE
Manychat is a leading Chat Marketing platform. We help businesses engage with their customers on Instagram, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Telegram.
Manychat is a Meta Official Business Partner, backed by top investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners.
With 140+ teammates across three global offices — Barcelona, Yerevan, and New York — Manychat helps more than one million businesses worldwide interact with billions of customers in real-time at scale.
No matter the use case — generating leads, increasing engagement, providing 24/7 customer support, accepting payments, and beyond — Manychat helps businesses grow faster.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a Senior PHP Developer who is enthusiastic about making significant technical contribution to our project. As a member of the platform team, you will work with various components of Manychat, gaining expertise in all aspects of system operation.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to acquire new experience and knowledge as you will work closely with a mentor.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support and develop a loaded billing system, addressing both product and technical challenges.
- Design and create new systems for processing background messages and handling web requests.
- Implement comprehensive security systems, covering overall protection, data security, defense against fraudulent attacks, prevention of system misuse, and protection against spammers.
- Collaborate and grow together with the team addressing diverse issues impacting the entire backend system.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years experience working in a cross-functional team as a backend developer (we use PHP 8.2).
- Ability to use relational databases (we use PostgreSQL).
- Ability and desire to work in a technical team with a key focus on a billing product.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in writing testable code and test cases.
- Experience working with loaded projects and queue systems.
- Experience working with third-party API.
WHAT WE OFFER
We care about your growth, well-being, and comfort
- Candidates outside of Barcelona can start onboarding and complete the probation period remotely with further relocation to the city for a hybrid work format.
- Professional development budget for relevant conference tickets, training programs, or courses.
- Flexible benefits plan to choose the perks that fit your needs.
- Health insurance, including dentistry, psychology sessions, nutrition consultations, surgery, and travel assistance.
Approximate annual salary, depends on the candidates levels: 65 000 - 75 000 EUR gross.
Manychat is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
This commitment is also reflected through our candidate experience. If you have individual needs that may require an accommodation during the interview process, please indicate this in your application. We will do our best to provide assistance throughout your interview process to ensure you’re set up for success.