Account Executive - Ghent
Hey! Welcome to Lightspeed! 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just looking around? or just looking at what the market has to offer at the moment? We would love to speak to you
With teams around the world, Lightspeed is a global business which provides a one-stop commerce platform to entrepreneurs in hospitality, e-commerce, and retail. Lightspeed is an organization that has experienced significant growth with more than 2,500 employees in more than 14 countries worldwide.
Are you the next Account Executive to join our team in Ghent responsible for presenting our solution to potential customers? Your goal is to tailor the Lightspeed products to the entrepreneur’s needs, find them the fitted Lightspeed solution, and gear them up for success!
As an Account Executive, you will lead 1-on-1 demonstrations to prospective customers and help them with the implementation of Lightspeed. Our goal is to make the workflow of entrepreneurs smarter and more effective and also to grow their business. With a genuine interest in the entrepreneurial market, you will actively build relationships and achieve success together.
- You lead the product presentations mainly via video calls. You will introduce the workflow and build the appropriate solution together with the customer.
- Once the solution has been found, you will lead the price negotiations and succeed in closing deals.
- #MakeitTogether: Collaboration is key at Lightspeed and this is how we achieve success. You will work closely with Sales Engineering and Sales Development Representatives to achieve scheduling appointments with prospective customers.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
We expect you to quickly build a relationship with the entrepreneur, you are able to proactively address questions the customer has and will have a deep understanding of our solutions. We value our customers, in that you must be able to understand the process from the point of view of the customer and put the customer experience first. Experience and knowledge from a Retail or Hospitality environment is a recommended plus.
- #Sales: Experience in closing deals; You are familiar with a full sales cycle in B2B from start to finish; customer relationship management, quotation preparation, negotiations, and pipeline management.
- #Drive: Perseverance and Energy, we promise you that no day is the same - Lightspeed is an energetic environment with an open feedback culture and room for initiatives and ideas.
What's in it for you?
You will learn everything about us, our story, the colleagues, our workflow and you will receive a practical onboarding. We have the ability to move fast like an innovative start-up with the expertise and capabilities of a global scale-up. The result: a team of both new and experienced professionals led by supportive and approachable managers who recognize and reward your work.
You will be part of a team that likes to work together, help each other, share insights and achieve success. Before you know it, we'll be celebrating your first deal together!
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs every day;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy, and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Company pension program
- Health and wellness benefit
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Unlimited Holidays
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.