Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our Lightspeed Retail Team in North America. With Lightspeed Retail, you'll build software solutions that provide merchants all of the tools that they need to thrive in the market. You'll join a product development team that believes in continuously delivering value, while following software engineering best practices and building robust, scalable solutions for our customers.
For this role, you should be located in Canada, and able to work within EST/EDT hours. We offer a choice of fully remote, partially remote or fully office-based work environments (in cities with local offices).
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by empowering small and medium businesses. Come help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, developers and stakeholders as part of a cross-functional team to deliver product features and functionality.
- Developing clean, well designed, highly maintainable code and services to create or extend functionality of our products.
- Drafting, discussing & implementing technical designs that solve business problems for our customers.
- Extending your own skills by learning from and growing with the team
- Be part of defining the product transformation as Lightspeed evolves it’s offerings to merchants & consumers globally
- Helping us all celebrate our achievements and have fun together along the way!
What you’ll be bringing to the team
We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Developer who matches the following profile:
- Experience with backend web development technologies
- Willing to work with (learning if necessary) PHP and/or Golang
- You should have a solid understanding of software engineering principles and best practices, and be prepared to help your team apply those principles
- Comfortable leading technical design discussions. Able to help make technical decisions, organize & mentor teammates to achieve common goals and to help plan delivery effectively.
- A strong sense of ownership for your features
- Ability to analyze production environments, incidents and performance characteristics in order to improve existing features & systems and plan new ones.
- Passion for learning new things and a desire to continuously improve.
Even better if you have hands-on experience with (but not necessary):
- Full-stack web development and you are equally comfortable with frontend and backend tasks.
- PHP/or Golang experience.
- Relational (SQL) databases
- Continuous integration and deployment of SaaS applications
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Containerized development using Docker & Kubernetes
- Real time messaging systems (SQS, Pub/Sub) to drive asynchronous event-driven architecture.
- Instrumentation and metrics
Who you are:
- You are a problem solver who does not shy away from tackling complexity and critical thinking.
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of your comfort zone.
- You have a great energy and passion for technology.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and let’s have a chat!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the option of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs every day.
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback.
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale.
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set.
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.