Job Title: Scrum Master
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Location: We have UK offices in Hammersmith and Nottingham, but will also consider remote working
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over £390 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities, yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance and continue to support our partners and customers in the underserved SME market.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing FinTechs in the UK for two years running.
Who are we?
Technology is at the heart of Liberis’ growth and as part of the tech team you will have a big part to play in achieving our mission: To give every business access to funding. In doing so we strive to be the best in class, not only in how we achieve our mission technologically, but also in providing our customers and partners an optimal user journey and integration experience.
We are serious about Scrum, continuous deployment and continuous integration. Insights gained for real customer experiences help us continuously improve their online experience and optimize our partner integrations.
We are an agile team that has proven to be fully equipped to deal with the recent major shift in working structure and environment, meaning we can support remote or part-remote working and trust our colleagues to take ownership for their role. Therefore we encourage flexibility and finding a working structure that fits for both you and the team.
Who are you?
You are passionate about delivering great software to customers using an agile methodology. To you agile delivery is an art that you’re are always trying to perfect, not a buzzword. You believe in servant leadership, taking on any task that will unblock the team without hesitation. Communication is the biggest tool at your disposal, you quickly establish a strong network and know how to speak the different languages in a modern business.
We think you’ll need
- Have solid experience as a scrum master or agile coach with cross functional delivery teams actively applying agile principles.
- Have knowledge and experience of multiple agile approaches, preferably with qualifications.
- Proven experience of managing more than one team in parallel and an understanding of the challenges that come with this.
- Knowledge and understanding of the software delivery lifecycle, the roles within a cross functional delivery team and the ability to coach the team members to develop effective agile practices.
- Ability to analyse team performance and find ways to improve.
- Demonstrable experience as an influencer working with Product Manager and Business Stakeholders
- Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Excellent communicator & fluent in English.
- Competence supporting teams using Jira
What will you be doing here?
- Partnering with Product Managers and Team Leads to deliver projects with high business value in an agile environment.
- Nurture and inspire the teams to take responsibility for their delivery process and the outcomes they deliver.
- Ensuring the teams deliver to sprint commitments by effectively eliminating blockers for the teams.
- Maintain high levels of communication with other teams and key stakeholders.
- Facilitating scrum ceremonies.
- Support the creation and management of the backlog, setting a high bar for the story quality and readiness to be worked on.
- Lead and drive the continuous review and improvement in our overall agile process.
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses.
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials