Liberis Group develops technology, and builds key partnerships to improve small businesses’ access to finance. We sell finance solutions directly to small businesses, and provide a scalable, finance platform for partners to help them build more valuable relationships with their small business customers.
Liberis is currently a team of around 100 people globally, and we’re growing significantly month on month. We are a company built on constant innovation and development, which makes us exciting to be around. We’re in it together and want to see our customers, partners and colleagues succeed. Come and join us on our journey, and help us transform the finance industry!
We’re proud to have been formally recognised by Great Place to Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 – achieving 21st place out of the 128 top ranked organisations. We are also ranked the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace for Women in UK and a centre of Excellence for Wellbeing.
The Product Manager Opportunity
You’ll join a small product team made up of passionate generalists with an active feedback culture. You’ll be responsible for shaping the Liberis funding platform continually developing our partner solutions. You’ll have full ownership of your area, including managing our partner self-service portal, partner integrations and out-of-box solutions, and developing our underlying infrastructure to enable our growing business to scale. You’ll lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and analysts, working closely across the business with marketing, business development, and operations.
This role is not only about execution and delivering results, but also about planning the strategic direction of Liberis’ platform. This product manager role is brand new as a result of our global growth, so we still have a lot of work to do to determine what our platform should and shouldn’t be. This is a unique opportunity to get involved early with a growing business and develop the future of our platform.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding and analysing pain points in our current partner sales, onboarding, and development processes, validating hypotheses, and prioritising solutions
- Driving execution for your area by managing the entire product development lifecycle – analysis, design, story refinement, testing, and release monitoring
- Meeting with partners pre-sale and post-sale to clearly articulate our solutions and the integration phases
- Working with design, business development, and marketing to shape and document our product proposition
- Working backwards from our strategic objectives to develop and evolve a realistic roadmap, keeping the process transparent and open to challenge
- Exploring and analysing competitors, market position, and opportunities to get to the root of what matters to partners and customers
- Evangelizing an action-driven and customer-centric culture within Liberis
You have an eye for UX and are comfortable technically, as the Liberis platform has both frontend and backend components. You get excited about potential but are driven by practical action. You’re comfortable working across the business and directly with developers to deliver product solutions. You’re open to crazy ideas, a logical and structured thinker, and go out of your way to seek feedback and input from others. You are constantly trying to improve, and want to be part of a team that pushes you to be better.
- A strong appreciation of what makes a great user experience, and how that translates into success for businesses
- Experience leading feature development and product integrations with lots of moving parts, including third parties
- Comfortable collaborating with engineering to design APIs and internal services critical to the success of the product
- Experience pitching or leading product implementations in a partner-facing capacity
- Naturally collaborative and a great communicator who can easily build strong relationships and solve problems with cross functional teams
- An uncompromising focus on user-centric design, applying data, research, and judgment to focus on making the biggest difference to our users with your work
- Positive attitude and willing to take on responsibility outside of your role to get the job done
- Avoids over-strategizing with a natural inclination towards action
- Comfortable working with distributed teams and travelling to partner offices as needed
Sound like a good fit?
If you’re not completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, get in touch! Humility is a wonderful thing and we are interested in hearing about what you can add to Liberis. We look forward to chatting with you.