Do you want to pitch creative ideas, write stories, and produce content with a focus on personal finance? LendingTree is looking for a personal finance writer to join our in-house editorial team. More specifically, your writing would cover subjects in personal banking, FinTech, budgeting, spending and investing. While covering the latest trends in consumer banking and investing, you craft content that takes a complicated, important subject and make it clear and digestible for our readers.
- You have 2-5 years experience as a personal finance journalist or content marketing writer
- Excellent writing, editing and grammar skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills and communication skills
- Familiarity and experience with SEO methodologies, including SEO keyword writing
- Ability to write content that involves data analysis and in-depth research
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple writing jobs at once
- Willingness to stick with a story from start to finish
- Positive outlook and strong willingness to produce high-quality content
- This is a full-time position, based in our New York City office or our Charlotte, NC office
- We'll consider remote work
- Completion of a writing test is required in the selection process
LendingTree was founded in 1996 with a simple mission statement: to put money back into consumers pockets by empowering them with knowledge they can use to compare financial products and get the best deal possible. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We're publicly traded (TREE), we're financially sound and we're in the top 10 of Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you're looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you've come to the right place.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It’s our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our ambitious goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We're always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, rock stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just Get Stuff Done.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.