LendingTree is hiring a Lead Interaction Designer to join our growing team of experts.
- Follow the user-centered design process to rapidly craft and iterate through sketches and wireframes (low, medium, and high fidelity) with detailed interaction specifications.
- Emphasize moving quickly to prototype and validate multiple ideas before fleshing out the details.
- Define mobile and web interaction models and systems, including navigation, information, and process flows.
- Design user experiences across platforms, for both responsive mobile and desktop experiences as well as native app experiences.
- Collaborate with the User Research team to identify our users, as well as their goals, tasks, motivations, and expectations.
- Daily interaction with the Consumer Insights team to understand how our consumers experience our brand.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and concurrently with creative, product, and technical teams.
- Sell your user experience proposals to internal partners through storytelling, data-driven visualizations, and evidence-based design principles.
- Be the voice of the user by developing an in-depth understanding of the core problems our users are trying to solve, and then use that knowledge to drive a better experience for our users and measurable results for your partners.
- You have over 8 years of progressive experience, include 3 years in a team or product lead role, as an interaction designer for mobile and desktop web applications, including native mobile apps.
- You should be willing and able to build business domain knowledge quickly right from the start and become an authority of user needs, business goals, and domain-specific data points within 6 months.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of user-centered design and research methodologies, including industry best practices, competitive analysis, and current UX trends for authenticated experiences.
- Must be a system thinker with the ability to design and communicate how a single interaction affects the rest of the experience.
- You possess an extraordinarily high attention to detail with the ability to articulate cause and effect for multiple user paths and scenarios.
- You will operate as a guide in the definition of detailed interaction specifications for creative, business, and technical partners.
- Must be comfortable working independently with minimal coaching and uses self-direction to navigate ambiguity and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Has strong critical thinking and communication skills, as well as the ability to channel criticism and skepticism into creativity and productivity.
- Can understand business objectives and dedicatedly chip in both strategic and innovative ideas that continually improve the customer experience and success metrics.
- Effectively projects professionalism, confidence, and a relentless, positive “can-do” attitude.
- Obsessed with putting our users at the center of the business and everything you do.
- You are passionate about helping people reach financial independence and have deep empathy for users at every step in their financial journey.
- You value getting as much user feedback as possible to help inform your design decisions. Read: run user tests daily.
- You are an expert problem solver and end-to-end strategic thinker.
- You use data-driven user experience design to transform organizational attitudes and perceptions.
- You actively recognize opportunities to improve the user experience of our products and services, then lead initiatives to urgently bring those improvements to market.
- You will get going quickly and measurably improve customer experience performance metrics within the first 3 months.
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our ambitious goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.