Landor & Fitch
We are hiring our next Senior UI Designer to support our team. Could this be you?
As a company with studios across the globe, we power up the best minds from 31 teams in over 22 countries to create a unique skillset for each client. We spark ingenuity with global creative sprints that cross time zones and borders and spur on the best of our talent. That includes exceptional brand consulting and strategic design, brilliance in experience, retail and workplace design, and competition-smashing motion design. We are part of the WPP group.
Landor & Fitch Hong Kong is looking for a talented Senior UI Designer to join our multi-skilled and multicultural studio. The ideal candidate will be as excited as we are about how design will help shape the future, and will be an integral member of our branding team, helping us create outstanding, strategically driven creative work for our clients.
For Landor & Fitch Hong Kong, a Senior UI Designer is:
- Champion user-centred design (UCD) principles and processes, ensuring outcomes meet both business and user goals.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of all aspects of the UCD approach, with the ability to apply them flexibly across a variety of project types
- Ideation and sketching and ability to articulate concepts and ideas
- Strong experience with UI Heuristics and design systems, create complex interactive prototypes at various levels of fidelity .
- Ensure user testing is conducted at appropriate intervals so that customers validate key design judgements.
- Act as UI expert in all matters relating to retail, ecommerce, usability and accessibility.
- Uncover market best practices in User interface design and latest technology trend.
- Ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time.
- Provide UI mentorship to more junior team members.
What skills are necessary?
- 6+ years experience in digital agency or in-house product teams.
- Detail-oriented with strong knowledge of interaction and visual design as well as familiarity with information architecture; experience designing for all kinds of devices and screens
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, New Media, HCI, or other relevant degree.
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as, Figma, Framer, Protopie, Adobe CC suite. Experience with HTML/CSS/JS, Processing/P5, Arduino is a plus
- Experience and expertise in developing and deploying design systems at scale,
- Excellent understanding of (and experience creating interfaces complying to) accessibility standards, specifically AODA/WCAG
- Systems thinking: Able to tackle complex, interconnected challenges and use design to both communicate that complexity and prototype interventions that provide clarity and simplicity.
- Passion for design: Able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ and are able to not only identify best practices, but push boundaries and explore new territory.
- Communication: Strong verbal and visual presentation skills, as well as an articulate point of view about design. An ability to understand the value of design within a business context.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.