LA 2028 is a non-profit public benefit corporation. The specific purpose of the organization is to improve and enhance the quality of life of the residents of the City of Los Angeles, California and the surrounding metropolitan area through the hosting of the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Los Angeles. Its core activities include: (1) planning, organization, financing, promotion, sponsorship, hosting and staging the Games, (2) raising funds to be used to plan, organize, finance, promote, sponsor, host or stage the Games, and (3) creating and implementing sustainability and legacy programs for the Games.
LA is Games-ready today – LA 2028 will therefore spend the next decade focused not on permanent construction, but on enhancing the experience for athletes, spectators, and the community as it prepares the greatest Olympic and Paralympic Games in history.
We are looking for individuals who share our values:
- Integrity – Listen to each other and treat everyone with respect; do what we say and say what we do; do the right thing, always.
- Optimism – Serve as a positive brand ambassador; embody a positive, solution-oriented attitude in everything we do; inspire one another to do their best and deliver results.
- Excellence – Challenges ourselves to be our best and always strive for greatness; be accountable for everything we do; embody innovation and creativity.
- Collaboration – Work together and share information; give and receive honest and respectful feedback; empower all members of the team to make an impact and trust each other to deliver results.
- Inclusion – Seek out and embrace diversity of all forms; respect and value different perspectives; reflect our community.
Director, Learning & Development
The Director of Learning and Development is an experienced and passionate leader who cares deeply about developing others and is excited by the opportunity to create innovative, relevant, data-driven learning experiences and leverage various technology platforms to enable employee capability development. This role creates change through developmental training, career management and workforce diversity. This individual will build a team to organize, conduct, and evaluate internal training programs and will select or create materials and appropriate delivery methods for programs on a variety of topics (e.g., new employee orientation, job skills training, or career/job development).
This position requires a subject matter expert to build and implement a comprehensive L&D and talent development strategy that will support the growth of all employees and build rewarding career development at LA28. You will work within the Human Resources department as the strategic lead in the effective use of educational technology and digital learning. This position reports directly to the VP Human Resources and is a critical member of the HR Leadership team. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in employee engagement and extensive knowledge of managing large scale learning initiatives.
- Develop the entire enterprise strategy for learning design, development, and delivery of training development systems that align with LA28 culture initiatives.
- Understand the growth cycles of the LA28 Organizing Committee and develop an evolving learning strategy to impact each stage of games planning and development across all areas of the business - optimizing and adapting to different business functions, types of employees, and different learning experiences and environments – whether in person or virtual.
- Establish a learning and development approach and collaborate with vendors and third-party training providers to offer a full range of best in class approaches and provide a variety of platforms delivery solutions to ensure high impact learning.
- Manage, lead and grow a team of passionate learning and systems professionals who analyze, design, develop and implement learning solutions.
- Monitor industry trends as they relate to learning and development and continuously look for ways to innovate, making recommendations to enhance curricula, further leverage digital technology and maximize the development of training delivery on small and large scales. Oversee all technology Learning Systems (ie.,LMS, LCMS)
- Internally partner strategically with departments, build strong relationships with key stakeholders across functions to understand key business objectives along with team/individual needs and consistently translate and prioritize these into a training roadmap
- Externally partner and work collaboratively with other organizing committees and sports national governing body training teams to identify training and development opportunities and share best practices.
- Create a measurement methodology to determine program effectiveness and to inform future learning strategies. Provide data-driven presentations to department heads and HR colleagues that track and evaluate program effectiveness for workforce planning.
- 10-15 years of strong knowledge and experience with instructional design and end-to-end learning process, i.e. learning evaluation, program design, development, and delivery.
- 5+ years of experience leading a team in a fast paced, technology-forward environment including eLearning and virtual facilitation and proven ability to define KPI strategy and guide a team to deliver towards set milestones
- Working knowledge and implementation experience of a Learning Management System (LMS/LCMS), and other related systems / platforms / delivery methods.
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically, and a demonstrated track record of strong project management in implementing scalable training solutions including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects
- An empathetic style with an ability to build trusted relationships and influence behavior and buy-in at all levels of an organization.
- Cross-cultural awareness: demonstrated ability to communicate successfully with people from a variety of background and cultures and experience driving company-wide diversity and inclusion learning initiatives.
- Strong connection for a mission driven business model and passion for Olympic and Paralympic games.