Are you passionate about securing global-scale ecommerce services and applications that power millions of customers across over a hundred countries around the globe? We are looking for a hands-on Senior Product Security Engineer to lead our Secure Development Lifecycle assurance processes, our security automation technologies, drive the security hardening strategy across our product and respond to current and emerging security threats. This role is a permanent role that can be fully remote (must be based in US).
In this role, you will contribute tremendously to our Product Security team working with development teams globally to define new security capabilities, and partnering with leaders across the organization to deliver company-wide security initiatives.
- Drive cross-functional projects and establish cutting-edge security development lifecycle practices
- Lead security design reviews and threat modeling for new and existing services at iHerb
- Evaluate, prototype, implement, and operate security-focused tools and services
- Develop new secure architecture standards, frameworks and patterns spanning multiple layers
- Understand and analyze emerging security threats, determining applicability to iHerb and proactively implement centralized mitigations
- Evaluate, prototype, implement, and operate security tools and services (DAST, SAST, SCA...)
- Maintain a strong knowledge of current security threats and operational best practices
- Take part in our security assessment, penetration testing and bug bounty programs
- Participate in security incident response
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- Demonstrated technical foundation (Computer Science / Engineering degree or equivalent experience) with an ability to translate technical vulnerabilities into organizational risks
- 5+ years of technical security experience at top-tier software companies including experience with security products, threat modeling, security design, security architecture, cryptography, mobile security, and broader cloud computing technologies
- Solid understanding of common application and infrastructure security vulnerabilities and mitigations (OWASP Top 10, CWE 25…)
- Proficiency implementing SDL process, technology, and automation in a DevOps environment
- Experience with large-scale web applications and microservices, including API design, access management, authorization, authentication, data protection and encryption
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, collaboration and communication skills
Experience driving application security training, security champions and awareness campaigns
Active contributor to the security community (research, open source, publications…)
iHerb is on a mission to make health and wellness accessible to all. We offer Earth’s best-curated selection of health and wellness products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience.
We’re the world’s largest eCommerce platform dedicated to vitamins, minerals, and supplements, and other health and wellness products. For more than 25 years, we’ve been making it simple for people all over the world to purchase the highest quality products. From supplements to skincare to grocery items, we ship over 30,000 products, from over 1,200 brands direct to our customers in 185+ countries.
Our vision is to become the #1 destination for health and wellness across the world.
With a passion for wellness and a mind for innovative solutions, iHerb team members share a vision for a healthier world that drives them each day. Our 5 Shared Values unite our global team:
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly ·
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. For our international team members, you may be eligible for similar benefits depending on the country where you are employed. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com. Please discuss the specific benefits for which you may be eligible with your local HR representative/recruiter.
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.