The Sr. Tax Accountant will work on various tax reporting, compliance and planning projects as directed by the Tax Manager along with maintaining some monthly accounting/Tax duties.
- Maintain, update quarterly and annual Up-C tax receivable agreement liability calculation, and prepare necessary journal entries for financial and tax reporting.
- Provide ASC 740 tax provision support and preparation.
- Assist with SOX control documentation.
- Assist in researching and gathering information for federal, state and local, international, and indirect tax returns prepared by our external tax preparers to ensure timely filings.
- Prepare and assist with foreign indirect tax filings and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of various tax accounts on the general ledger, ensuring accuracy and timely reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly tax estimates and year end extension estimates to ensure timely filings.
- Assist and gathers information for tax authority audits, as well as other ad hoc projects.
- Assist with communications and negotiations with tax authorities over tax payment issues through letter writing.
- Assist with the maintenance of the tax calendar, tax notice log, and carryover schedules.
- Assist with the accurate and timely filings of governmental surveys.
- Remain current and up-to-date on existing and upcoming tax laws.
- Research tax issues in all applicable areas of tax including memorandum write-up of results and maintaining legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Support budget and forecasting activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous Up-C experience
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally, requires a minimum of three (3) to six (6) years of relevant income tax and/or sales tax and accounting experience, with Big 4/Mid-Tier CPA firms preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. CPA preferred. Master’s Degree in Taxation a plus.
iHerb is a leading global eCommerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.