The US Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and tracking domestic shipments from origin to customers efficiently and effectively. The Coordinator will also assist to track imported shipments from overseas into the U.S. This position collaborates with senior team members and US Logistics Manager to develop the Logistics network in the U.S., and assist to improve customer experience for iHerb’s final delivery in the U.S.
- Work with the US Logistics Manager and other senior team members about any discrepancies of lost, damaged, delayed and/or customs shipment issues.
- Work with various logistics vendors to ensure shipments are properly sent to their correct destination in a timely manner
- File claims with carriers in a timely manner
- Resolve undeliverable shipment discrepancies with the corresponding internal departments to determine and analyze the root causes and report to senior management for improvement suggestions.
- Research lost shipments, broken items, prohibited items, customs rejection shipments and tracking between custom brokers and the company
- Daily follow-up with various logistics vendors to ensure timely process flow including but not limited to ensuring resolution of any shipping related issues
- Perform audit review of logistics processes with the management team when necessary
- Attend US team meetings and organizational initiatives as necessary
- Support special projects when needed as assigned by the management team
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment on routing decisions, freight planning and financial impact.
- Assist senior team members with ad hoc tasks and projects
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Drive and ability to respond effectively and efficiently to customer challenges using independent judgment to make freight planning decisions in the customer’s and the company's best interest
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Root Cause Analysis
- Strong attention to detail with proven accuracy
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Initiative and Adaptability
- Verifiable record of successful customer and carrier management skill
Generally requires a minimum of one (1) year of related experience, or two (2) years of related experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and/or equivalent experience required.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. May required walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day and able to lift 25lbs of boxes.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.