The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will provide technical leadership to the SRE team. This role will provide coaching, mentorship, and training as well as shaping the technical road map and standards for iHerb’s site reliability efforts. This role will work closely with other Lead Developers in the organization to ensure proper support and alignment is in place to monitor, observe and troubleshoot production applications and infrastructure across our technology landscape.
- Lead and support development teams in understanding and leveraging SLI’s and SLO’s to improve service availability and performance.
- Lead the initiatives to build instrumentation and platform libraries in various languages such as Go and C#
- Lead and collaborate with our NOC team to build out proper SOP’s around identifying the root cause, escalation, and remediation.
- Lead and work with other SRE’s to champion and establish KPIs for measurement of the SRE Practice’s success and improvement.
- Lead SRE audit and sign-off meetings, ensuring services are ready for production.
- Build a blameless post-mortem culture that leads to fixed weaknesses and increased reliability
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microservices, Serverless Architectures, Event Driven Design
- Build Operational Intelligence, Observability, Actionable Alerting
- Working open-source technologies and operating systems (eg. KNative, OpenFaaS, Linux, etc.)Create automation tools and re-usable libraries (ie. standard logging library, etc)
- Test API’s (Postman, Swagger)
- Infrastructure/cloud automation tooling (e.g. AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer)
- Service Mesh/Discovery Tooling (e.g. Consul, Envoy, Istio, etcd)
- Open Source CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, GKS)
- Configuration and Security Management (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Vault, KMS)
- Networking protocol knowledge (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Demonstrated experience leading/contributing significantly to an open-source infrastructure/application platform initiative a big plus (e.g. Kubernetes/Istio/etc. upstream commits)
- Technical Certifications and Strong communication and influencing skills are a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally, requires a minimum of (7) to (10) plus years of experience as a Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer and/or SRE Engineer
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or a related field preferred and/or equivalent year of experience
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.