Under general supervision, the Customer Experience Specialist (CES) is the point of contact for all company/customer questions, product inquiries, and order status. All CESs are to handle customers in a professional manner which creates customer loyalty by providing service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Work directly with customers via e-mail, phone, chat, and social media
- Work with warehouse and/or logistics partner companies to resolve inquiries & exceptions
- Respond promptly to all customer inquiries
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints
- Handle and resolve customer complaints
- Manage customer accounts
- Record customer contacts: comments, details, and action taken
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow-up on customer interactions
- Process RMAs
- Escalate customer issues as necessary for timely resolution
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A professional, positive, and enthusiastic attitude – customer centric
- Bilingual (may be required) – English + other language
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Stress tolerance
- Willing to work weekends if needed
- Computer literate – Gmail, MS Office (Word & Excel)
- Ability to type 40 WPM
Generally requires a minimum of two (2) years related experience, typically in a contact center environment.
High school diploma required. Associate’s degree preferred or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.