The person in this role is responsible for building a high performing test automation team to continuously raise the quality bar for the software systems built at iHerb. The goal of the automation team is to ensure that the software systems can be validated end-to-end against expected behavior by developing, maintaining, and integrating test automation software alongside regular software development. A strong candidate has experience in creating a robust and scalable automation framework for feature and regression testing in multiple environments; in addition, this candidate has a strong technical vision and is capable of driving high-level strategy and able to take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
- Develop QA and automation strategy to fit with the different components of iHerb’s software ecosystem.
- Build and lead a high performing team of QA engineering and automation professionals to execute the strategy.
- Work with different functions such as Product Management, Software Development, UX Designers, and Customer Support teams as needed to capture and verify expected behavior of systems under test.
- Familiar with modern software architecture such as micro services, event-driven architectures, and containers.
- Oversee the development and execution of test plans, monitoring, and reporting on test execution and quality metrics.
- Able to identify areas of ambiguity in testing and the approach to address it.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write test automation programs that are easy to maintain and extend(no hands-on experience in last 3,4 years is acceptable)
- Able to understand loosely defined specifications and discovery of software behaviors via ad-hoc methods.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively communicate with the rest of the team.
- Strong ownership instincts.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience on connecting disjoint parts of a system for a full end-to-end test experience(e.g tests defining backend data through a system GUI and comprehensive test from GUI to ultimate client of the GUI data)
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- 10+ years of experience in Quality Assurance engineering and related activities of automation test or test-focused development.
- Experience in software development methodologies in addition to test automation technologies.
- Experience in building a QA organization that is responsible for end-end validation for a critical system or application
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
Job Description Acknowledgement:
I have received a copy of my job description for my current position. The job description describes duties and responsibilities which apply to me. I agree to read the job description and understand it may be amended as company conditions or requirements necessitate. In that case, changes will be communicated to me.
Team Member Name (PRINT): ________________________________
Team Member Signature: __________________________________ Date: ____________________
Human Resources (PRINT): _________________________________
Human Resources Signature: ______________________________ Date: ____________________
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.