GumGum is a contextual-first global advertising technology company that captures people’s attention, without the use of personal data. We believe that a digital advertising ecosystem based on understanding a consumer’s active frame of mind rather than behavior builds a more equitable and safer future for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Founded in 2008, GumGum is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and operates in 19 markets worldwide. For more information, visit gumgum.com.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
- Deal Response Leadership
- Working closely with sales to take incoming briefs from clients. Lead the interpretation of these and subsequent production of a best in class brief response by aligning GumGum’s product offering with the client’s needs.
- Drive cross-functional alignment on what to propose throughout the response creation process. This involves preparing for, facilitating, and following up on discussions to brainstorm and review proposed solutions. It may also require pushing back internally and offering alternative solutions.
- Prepare required response deliverable(s) that are on-time and of high quality
- As needed, contribute to client follow-up efforts on specific deal responses, such as insights or participation in a response feedback call
- Response Deliverable Creation (Deliverable Quality)
- Prepare response deliverables that succinctly communicate our understanding of the client’s needs and a proposed solution, in a manner that differentiates GumGum and is palatable to media buyers
- Understand GumGum’s value proposition and offerings, and consistently reflect this understanding in all response deliverables
- Work across GumGum’s internal teams to propose solutions that showcase both the best that GumGum has to offer and what the organization can reasonably support
- Fully utilize team resources to create responses as efficiently as possible
- Client Strategy Team Effectiveness
- Contribute to team resources that will maximize efficiency of response creation
- Work with manager to regularly prioritize workload
- 2-4 years of work experience, ideally in media planning and buying, customer success, business development, or marketing, either in high growth tech companies or agencies
- Experience developing proposals and pitches
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (English and German)
- Attention to detail
- Project management and prioritization
- Storytelling, using both qualitative and quantitative information
- Ability to use, or quickly learn, research and reporting tools
- Solid understanding of online advertising and how media agencies and brands make decisions
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- A ‘strategist-meets-planner-meets-seller’ with a drive to win business
- A project manager and storyteller with the energy and skills to quickly and effectively communicate mutually beneficial solutions to clients
- Self-starter with ownership mentality and ability to collaborate cross-functionally to deliver quality results
- Pet friendly organization - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Follow us on our socials...
Our Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Follow us on LinkedIn: gumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum
Stay connected on Facebook: gumgum