GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
GumGum is looking for a strong Technical Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team! In this role, you will be responsible for driving hiring efforts across multiple teams and job openings within our Tech organization. As a trusted recruiting advisor and talent partner you will be working hand in hand with the Executive leadership team for Tech. You will craft and guide the recruiting sourcing strategies and utilize your expertise and knowledge of metric and time-bound sourcing to execute against the goals. Strong collaboration and communication skills are essential as you will be directly influencing and impacting hiring decisions to effectively meet the organization’s technical recruiting and staffing needs.
A tenacious and strategic approach to attracting, hiring and retaining talent are keys for success in this role. You will be responsible for performing candidate generation, engagement, assessments, interview preparations, all the way through closing the candidates. If you are excited about technical recruiting and going deep with sourcing strategies to attract the best talent, then this is the team for you!
This is an integral role and will be reporting directly to the Chief People Officer.
Please note, GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and MN.
- Full Lifecycle Recruiting
- Perform all related full lifecycle recruiting activities throughout the hiring process including (but not limited to): sourcing, candidate pre-screening, interviewing, salary and offer negotiations, and closing of candidates.
- Conduct direct sourcing of candidates utilizing standard and creative techniques such as: mining of recruiting sites, internal and external databases, social media tools, and search engines; cold and warm calling of target candidates or companies; networking in various ways for candidates and referrals, etc.
- Continually evaluate and apply new sourcing methodologies to actively identify, cultivate and grow target candidate pools of top talent.
- Partner with HR (People team) to clarify organizational needs in order to more effectively screen and select candidates
- Utilize the Greenhouse applicant tracking system to assess candidate funnel, review applications, make notes on process and candidates, update hiring managers, track offer approvals, etc.
Community Outreach / Client Pipeline
- Represent GumGum in all interactions with potential internal and external candidates.
- Ability to design a well-rounded approach and strategy to pipeline development to effectively fill technical positions.
- Host and attend technical meet-ups and gatherings, in partnership with technology leadership.
- Coordinate GumGum’s presence at a variety of industry and career-related events including event planning, project management and attendance at events
- Keep pulse on industry trends throughout the technology industry and, especially within Southern California.
- Continually optimize the candidate experience, interviewing, assessment and selection process.
- Contribute to GumGum’s employment branding strategy and tactics.
Hiring Manager Collaboration
- Partner with hiring managers on recruiting techniques, developing their ability to effectively assess candidates for a specific position.
- Regularly report on recruiting activities and progress to hiring managers and technology leadership.
- Work with managers to develop a rigorous and efficient interview process that helps to highlight the best candidate for a position while ensuring a great experience for the candidate, regardless of the outcome.
- Partner effectively with hiring managers, ensuring excellent customer service and deliverables from beginning-to-end of a search.
Talent Acquisition Team Contributions
- Manage and deliver a variety of Talent Acquisition programs and projects.
- As part of the GumGum People team, contribute to the culture and companywide People strategies and projects as needed.
- Collaborate with People team colleagues to meet the needs of our internal stakeholders.
- Serve as a positive ambassador of GumGum internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Additional HR and/or recruiting certifications is a plus
- 3-6 years of related technical recruiting experience in a full-time company environment with the ability to think strategically and holistically about recruiting strategy
- Experience using social media tools for sourcing efforts including but not limited to LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, blogs etc.
- Must possess a knowledge base of technology skill-sets including programming languages, web technologies, and software development processes
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated proficiency using effective sourcing and research methodologies
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively (both oral and written).
- Experience using ‘LinkedIn Recruiter’
- Experience crafting interview questions and assigning interview topics to maximize the candidate experience and interview process
- Greenhouse ATS experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent internal customer service and consultation skills
- Well-developed assessment, negotiation, collaboration, and consultation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Bring a tenacious approach to driving high quality results across technology recruiting
- Excited to serve as a GumGum ‘ambassador’, bringing positive energy and a clear message about the Company and technology organization
- Balances speed and a fast-paced approach with quality results.
- Easily develops business relationships and partnerships across GumGum
- Understands the fundamentals of engineering and technology and can speak easily to candidates with this background
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Pet Friendly Organization - We love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum expands globally! Our company recently acquired Just Premium, a European-based company that utilizes creatives as a means to develop digital environments. Just Premium’s rich media is one of the largest in the world, and brings forward higher performing ads that adds value to GumGum’s already thriving contextual intelligence. With this acquisition, we now have 375 + employees globally, as well as new market expansion including Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, and Mexico. Together we will become the most powerful global solution for a cookieless future through contextual technology and high-impact creatives.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum