WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic's multi-specialized team of attorneys and legal professionals, partner across our organization to provide legal solutions, as well as, consult and inform on what we build and develop for our people, players and customers.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for counsel with experience in technology to support Epic’s technology-related European subsidiaries, such as 3Lateral, Cubic Motion, Quixel, and Capturing Reality as well as related product teams. In this role, you will be responsible for providing world class legal support and management advice to very successful, dynamic, and fast paced software and asset development teams across our products such as the MetaHuman Creator, Quixel Megascans, and Reality Capture. You will also collaborate with other Epic Games product counsel, including the wider Unreal Engine team.
The ideal candidate will require strong initiative and sound judgment, with the ability to work independently in a creative and disruptive industry. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups is a must.
In this role, you will
- Support Epic’s European subsidiaries and related product teams in all aspects of their business, including advising and training development, production, sales, marketing, and commercial contracting teams on complex legal issues; as well as summarizing and communicating legal concepts for business use
- Draft, review, and negotiate a high volume of commercial and technology-related agreements in situations where either Epic is the provider of services or Epic sources services from third parties, including services agreements, outbound license agreements, end-user license agreements, and talent agreements
- Advise on copyright matters including risk-based copyright clearances and content license agreements covering software licenses, image and audio licenses
- Ensure overall alignment with Epic's business needs, policies, and risk tolerance
- Anticipate and support the continuous improvement and review of Epic's contract templates as well as legal processes and policies to allow our business to scale and operate efficiently
- Keep up to date on the tech industry including general legal issues surrounding the video games industry and other disruptive industries
What we're looking for
- Qualified lawyer (qualified to practice in at least one European jurisdiction)
- 2+ PQE, with a focus on commercial negotiation, software licensing, and intellectual property laws
- Business friendly judgment; excited about building consensus with cross functional stakeholders
- Comfortable with a dynamic, fast-paced environment, using organizational skills to manage multiple projects at a time
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.