DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As an European Exchange Technology Specialist, you will become the primary subject matter expert for technology details relating to regional exchanges. You will be responsible for keeping abreast of all upcoming technical changes at the various exchanges and for assessing potential impact to DRW teams trading at those exchanges. You will act as a primary liaison working between the firm’s internal technology teams and the exchanges’ technology teams to develop in-depth knowledge of exchange implementation processes and upcoming changes in order to better assess impact and ensure that DRW teams are interfacing with the exchanges in the most optimal manner.
- Act as project technical lead for exchange upgrades, migrations and mandated changes including events such as: Eurex Interface Encryption, Euronext and LSE datacenter migrations, Borsa Italiana acquisition, etc.
- Collaborate with operations team to maintain repository of exchange documents and special nuances such as: Eurex Company ID per Entity/PB, qualifications for 1G vs. 10G connectivity, European HFT registration requirements, Self-Match Prevention, etc.
- Maintain catalog of colocation and exchange connectivity dependencies for DRW entities and PB/FCM relationships
- Partner with our business management team to improve onboarding of new trading desks and trading opportunities
- Analyze exchange communications or specifications to ensure optimal implementation and relay key technical details to appropriate internal stakeholders
- Manage relationships with exchange technology representatives; obtain detailed information about the exchange technology and coordinate technology "deep dive" sessions as necessary
- Maintain per-exchange checklist of steps required for new implementations for new desks
- Guide implementation of trading systems, focusing on technology, clearing, location and cost
- Help ensure that each new trade and each exchange change will satisfy our compliance processes
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working with regional equity, futures, and options exchanges technology counterparts
- Familiarity with exchange market data and order entry protocols – both binary and FIX
- Familiarity with various electronic exchange connectivity alternatives
- Familiarity with various colocation sites and exchanges that are operated at each
- Familiarity with financial instruments and classes of financial instruments at the equities and derivatives exchanges
- Basic technical understanding of exchange order processing/matching and market data distribution topologies
- Must be very detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.