DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a part of the Network Engineering team, the Network Specialist is an experienced professional that focuses on the research, analysis, configuration, development, operation and maintenance of a high performance network infrastructure.
You'll feel right at home if you:
- Are curious and passionate about technology
- Have an ability to solve problems creatively
- Are high energy, self-motivated, conscientious and hardworking
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Telecommunication, Computer Science or equivalent
- Have 2 - 4 years of experience in large networks
- Have good knowledge in Switches, Routers, Fortigate firewalls, ISE, IPS/IDS, Web servers and Linux
- Have interest in and ability to learn new emerging technologies as needed
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Are a strong team player
- Have a willingness to participate in an on-call rotation schedule and weekend maintenance
- Are able to apply both industry standards and out-of-the-box solutions when necessary
- Have intermediate knowledge in network automation
- Have CCNP, CCSP, CCIE, NSE, JNCIP-ENT or equivalent (Asset)
What you’ll be working on:
- Configuring, operating and recommending improvements to the network
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and implementing network architectures and topologies
- Monitoring and ensuring the network is in a high performance state
- Working closely with other operations teams to establish business requirements to maintain cutting edge systems
- Ensuring best practices are implemented by auditing and configurations of routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, ISE and monitoring solutions
- Supporting the configuration, installation and testing of equipment, including custom hardware platforms by field technicians
- Conducting quarterly network audit, identify potential risks and resolve them
- Escalating critical incidents as necessary while keeping stakeholders informed
- Testing custom network protocols and solutions in a dedicated lab environment
- Following incident and change management processes
- Documenting networks, processes and configurations
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.