DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Receptionist on our Workplace team, you’ll manage our main reception area, greet and direct all visitors, and provide general workplace and administrative support to the company. The Workplace team is responsible for office management, maintenance, food service, travel and the planning and execution of all firm events and social activities. As a member of this team, you will participate in administrative and office services work and assist with various Workplace projects.
More about what you’ll do:
- Professionally answer, screen, and route all incoming calls
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- Open/close reception area daily and maintain its appearance throughout the day
- Input visitors into building security system, manage daily guest list, and communicate as needed with building security staff
- Submit and follow up on service calls to the building management office
- Follow up on internal facilities requests/work orders
- Sort all incoming mail accordingly
- Coordinate messenger services, outgoing mail deliveries, and employee package release forms
- Assist with office activities, events, and other business needs as assigned
- Assist with office supply ordering
- Maintain conference rooms; book meetings; assist with set up of A/V equipment and video conferences as needed
- Manage newspaper/periodical subscriptions
- Update team page on company intranet
- Maintain updates to the facilities, reception, and travel manuals
- Serve as a backup for booking travel arrangements
- Serve as first point of contact for facilities related issues
- Support office employees and Workplace teams in administrative needs, including but not limited to expense reports, credit card reconciliation, travel and ad hoc requests
- Aid with DRW emergency response team organization and training
- Assist with onboarding/offboarding procedures including: New Hire Desk Set Up/decommissions; maintaining company photo directory, Coordinating employee building access and badging/key assignments
What this role requires:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent phone etiquette
- Proficiency in MS Outlook for email and calendaring and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Confidence, initiative, and the ability to learn new things quickly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize and take direction from multiple sources
- Excellent typing skills required
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Previous experience in a corporate office environment preferred
- Previous experience coordinating travel arrangements preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.