DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Linux Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Linux for our end-users. While your focus will be primarily Ubuntu on the desktop, you will have exposure to various other platforms and will manage the all aspects of our Linux end-user environment. This is an opportunity for someone to influence overall systems architecture as well as build processes, packaging environment, monitoring and more. In this role, you will have an opportunity to regularly interact with a number of development groups to gather end-user requirements, make recommendations and implement change.
What you’ll be working on:
- Designing, building and maintaining our Linux workstation and laptop environments across all offices
- Providing end user support to Linux users in the Chicago HQ office, as well as our remote offices
- Building, configuring and deploying Linux workstations and laptops
- Managing, troubleshooting and updating desktop-managed Linux servers
- Application packaging and maintenance of software repositories
- Actively monitoring the health of our entire Linux Desktop environment
- Automating repetitive system administration tasks
- Evaluating and recommending new hardware and software technologies or solutions
- Serving as a liaison between the Unix Services and Software Engineering teams
You will be right at home if you have:
- Strong Ubuntu experience
- Proficiency in shell scripting or Python
- Experience with apt or yum repositories
- Familiarity with a configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Solid understanding of general technical concepts like Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, networking
- The ability to work effectively with both highly technical and novice users
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.