DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Risk Analyst on our Risk Operations team, you will work across a wide variety of asset classes to deliver risk analytics and implement/monitor risk data controls. You will also work closely with Risk Managers to configure and improve our risk systems, methodologies, and limits. This role also involves frequent interaction with risk developers and collaboration with other groups across the firm. Over time, this role offers the opportunity to grow into risk management responsibilities, including monitoring of markets and risk drivers across portfolios, evaluating new trade/strategy ideas, and communicating with traders/senior management when risks grow beyond established tolerances.
- Prototype and implement risk dashboards to improve transparency across various products
- Build and improve tools and configure models to help manage risks
- Run and automate analysis processes and perform ad hoc data analysis
- Validate and support risk models, methodologies, and risk management reports
- Actively participate in the risk oversight process (control, monitor, track)
- Assist in the preparation and review of external reporting and audit information
- Periodically contribute to risk management activities, which may include market and risk monitoring and exception monitoring and tracking
- Identify opportunities for innovation within executed tasks, processes and projects that contribute to the improved efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Collaborate with software developers to maintain or productionize risk tools
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or quantitative field (Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Financial Math, Statistics, Computer Science)
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments; exposure to related risk analytics and pricing preferred
- Previous programming or scripting experience (using Python, R, VBA or similar) required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Excel and related advanced features
- Proficiency in SQL to analyze and manage large data sets
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with acute attention to detail
- Flexibility to provide on-call support as needed
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic initiatives and changing priorities
- Motivation to continually expand skillset and improve supported systems
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.