DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Trading Operations Specialist, you will join our Global Trading Operations team and provide dedicated support to DRW’s Agricultural trading desks. Primary responsibilities will include trade capture, trade confirmation, reconciliation, profit-and-loss calculation and analysis, which require communication with both front office traders and back office colleagues, as well as with senior management in both departments. Highly effective communication skills are critical as you will also have regular, direct interaction with a variety of other teams across the firm, including risk management, technology, and the firm’s partnership. The ability to work in a stressful environment while maintaining a high degree of professionalism is paramount.
- Provide ownership for and mastery of the processes and workflows needed to support standard operational and trader assistant functions of the firm’s Agricultural trading desks
- Trade and position reconciliation with the firm’s clearing firms, prime brokers, and bilateral counterparties
- Daily P&L calculation and substantiation: while supporting each desk’s preferred method of aggregating and reporting P&L, ensure that such workflow conforms to and integrates with DRW’s standards
- Mastery of the firm’s proprietary and third party trade capture, inventory management, and P&L reporting systems necessary to support the desks’ activity
- Ownership of the confirmation workflow for bilateral trades
- Act as process super-user for current workflows, resolving issues that may arise between internal groups at DRW and multiple external exchanges, clearers, and counterparties
- Act as process super-user for current systems, providing critical support and advice regarding needed enhancements to technology, workflows, and processes
- Strong understanding of traders’ individual risk management tools and support of related traders’ needs
- Upgrading and support of traders’ tools to take advantage of technologies and tools that are firm standard
- Liaise with technical personnel to secure proper support/coverage for ongoing operations as well as procure enhancements for insufficient or new workflows. Focus should always be on process efficiency, risk reduction, and alignment with DRW standards
- Work closely with Business Liaison team to assure new desks, traders, and products are on-boarded correctly
- 3-5 years of experience in a front office, middle office, back office, or risk management role working with both bilateral and exchange-traded derivatives
- Previous experience supporting OTC agricultural or energy futures trading preferred
- Substantial prior interaction with front office and senior management personnel in an active trading environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or another quantitative field, or material equivalent exposure
- Demonstrated ability to independently to analyze problems, synthesize / implement solutions thereto
- Strong MS Excel background required
- Previous experience with SQL and VB/VBA or another scripting language is highly preferred; must gain proficiency in SQL, VBA, and Python in relatively short order once on the job
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.