DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are currently hiring a Data Analyst to join our team, working in close collaboration with our Trading Strategy group. Candidates must have a passion for data and its dissemination, and the ability to think both independently and collaboratively. They will assist in the preparation of data collection strategies by collecting and processing data from a variety of sources.
Candidates must be comfortable working within a fast-paced, and at times highly demanding environment. They must possess a keen sense of enthusiasm and attention to detail, as well as a sense of commitment and dedication to both teams.
You’ll feel right at home if you:
- Have exceptional attention to detail and experience in systemically working with XML and JSON files
- Ability to perform research, often autonomously or as part of small teams
- Are able to balance several time sensitive requests and work in high pressure environments
- Familiar with basic financial reporting terminology
- Superior analytical experience and ability to identify trends, patterns and similarities across datasets
- Prior experience in working with various stakeholders across different teams and departments
- Have effective communication skills (oral and written) in English
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a related field - economics, finance, commerce, Information Technology or computer science
Nice to have:
- Experience in working with datasets through use of Pandas, Matlab, Tableau
- Ability to work with REST/API and experience with cloud systems
- A passion for equity and fundamental analysis
What you’ll be working on:
- Preparing and deploying configurations of data collection strategies for use by analysts and traders
- Collaborating with the research and trading teams in both pre- and post- trade analysis to prepare detailed reports and investigations
- Operate proprietary tools and systems and troubleshoot issues in real-time
- Collaborating with different teams to design and maintain state-of-the-art operations platforms
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.