DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is seeking a Risk Manager to be based in our Amsterdam office. This position will report to the Director of Risk Management in Chicago, be responsible for performing daily risk monitoring of our global equities portfolios, and for assisting in the ongoing development and enhancement of our risk management framework.
- Work with traders, senior management and risk management team to advance robust approaches to risk management, including defining, building and using the necessary tools
- Measure and monitor DRW trading activities, risk parameters and positions and ensure risk is commensurate with DRW risk policies and principles
- Interface with external entities (Clearing firms, Counterparties, Exchanges) on risk topics to ensure business continuity and development
- Actively research and stay current on market dynamics, risk factors and real world drivers of portfolio performance and risk
- Ensure proper control of both market risk and execution or operational risk. Escalate and report any risk related issues in a timely manner to DRW Risk Committee
Required Experience and Skills:
- Previous risk management experience required; previous trading experience preferred
- Must have strong quantitative background and substantial data analysis experience
- Thorough understanding of factor models and familiarity with the nuances of global ETF flows and processes
- Working knowledge of risk controls across all asset classes as well as general understanding of derivatives products
- Previous experience using tools such as SQL, VBA, Python or R for data analysis and modeling; programming background helpful
- Sound judgment and strong analytical skills essential
- Must be proactive and able to work independently
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.