DRW is a diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Systematic Quantitative Researcher, you will join a small principal trading team with a quantitatively focused global macro mandate. You will be tasked with solving challenging problems arising in a trading environment while utilizing economic and financial data as well as statistical techniques as the group continues to research and deploy new strategies. You will join a team with a start-up feel, and work directly with experienced investors that are intellectually curious across the spectrum of economics and finance.
How you will make an impact:
- Apply quantitative techniques such as econometrics to systematically identify and monetize trading opportunities with across FX currencies, commodities, fixed income and equity indices
- Work closely with the Portfolio Manager to build, automate and improve existing trading and monitoring tools, strategies and research architecture
- Keep abreast of the latest market and academic research to advance the group’s strategies
What you bring to the team:
- 3-5 years of professional experience as an Analyst, Junior PM, Quantitative Researcher or Strategist conducting macroeconomic alpha research, strategy optimization, etc.
- Degree in a technical discipline from a top university with a focus on quantitative finance, economics/econometrics, statistics, computer science or related fields
- Proficiency in Python and VBA programming applied to real-world financial data sets
- Strong analytical abilities, including a solid foundation of statistics knowledge as well as exceptional problem-solving and modeling skills
- Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively and productively with others. Strong sense of accountability and desire to continuously learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.