DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Our Performance Platform team is looking for a passionate FPGA Designer/Researcher to design, optimize and maintain all cutting-edge FPGA applications that are critical to DRW's mission. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple exciting cutting-edge projects in a dynamic team dedicated to the success of DRW.
You'll feel right at home if you...
- Have strong work ethic, and drive to continue improve and learn.
- Have smarts, curiosity and a passion for technology.
- Have a bachelor’s or master's degree in the field of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related.
- Have hardware engineering experience/knowledge, especially with FPGA
- Have 2-5 years experience in a similar role
- Have experience in RTL logic design (System Verilog/Verilog) and verification
- Have an ability and desire to learn quickly
- Have knowledge of networking protocols and technology
- Have knowledge of either XILINX or ALTERA FPGA design flow
- Have excellent communication skills
(And if you are a new graduate, with a degree in Comp Sci or a related field, we want to talk to you too!)
What you'll be working on:
- Architecting and implementing new FPGA applications (Design, coding, synthesis, place & route, static timing analysis, verification, documentation)
- Researching and evaluating a variety of cutting-edge FPGA hardware and technologies
- Maintaining & enhancing the existing hardware code base
- Liaising directly with software and other design teams
- Conducting lab debugging and characterization of new hardware
- Conducting research regarding latest technologies
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.