DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Software Development Engineer in Test provides mission critical support for our core proprietary trading systems. As a SDET, you will partner closely with the business and with software developers to develop test plans and test cases for various trading platforms that are used globally by trading and research teams across the firm. We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in functional testing and the ability to design and develop both manual and automated test strategies and test cases.
- Set up, maintain, and support testing environments for automated and manual testing for both the QA and software development environments
- Provide testing environment configuration support for development teams; ensure availability and provide backup QA support during overlapping times for Asia and US-based teams
- Test market data and order adapters for European exchanges
- Develop automated regression testing of system functionality using Python
- Develop scripts for maintaining, updating, and monitoring test system components
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs discovered in testing to help determine root cause
- Provide feedback on system functionality to help make improvements
- Work with operations team to communicate upcoming changes to software systems
- Help troubleshoot and resolve problems in production systems
- Reproduce issues discovered in production using the test environments in order to help identify issues and solutions
- Strong programming skills obtained through a degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively test applications independently
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with automated test frameworks
- Experience with scripting languages, primarily Python
- 2+ years of experience working with databases such as SQL or Postgres
- 1+ year of experience working on Linux operating systems
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.