DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Trade Execution Systems team is growing. As a Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing mission critical support for our proprietary trading applications as well as provide support for the traders. This role performs a wide variety of technical troubleshooting and engineering work, including software deployment, software configuration, and system monitoring. You will work in a dynamic trading environment that provides new technical challenges constantly, alongside highly skilled colleagues such as Software Developers and Traders.
What is needed in this role:
- Experience in application support
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (multicast, TCP, routing)
- Basic scripting skills (Such as; Python, PowerShell or Bash, etc.)
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A client-focused, service- minded approach and a strong sense of urgency
- The ability to learn quickly and a passion for new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to handle high pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritize
Bonus Points for:
- Previous experience in financial markets or with financial trading applications
- Knowledge of exchange technologies and protocols (FIX, etc) used across various asset classes
- Previous experience with configuration management tools such as Chef and Ansible
What you’ll be working on:
- Delivering flawless production support, software deployment and configuration, and proactive monitoring to anticipate and avoid issues before they occur
- Providing support for proprietary trading systems deployed across a multi-platform production environment
- Providing technical support during trading operations to resolve issues affecting mission critical trading applications
- Analyzing trading strategies together with the traders and research teams
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.