DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Who we are
Who you are
- You can work alone but prefer working as a team
- You want to own the technology impact on the business
- You care more about learning and solving the problem than being right
- You champion best practices while using fewer tools
- You focus on reliability, scalability, and maintainability
- You enjoy designing, modeling, and programming regardless of the language set
- You crave and provide actionable feedback
What you will be working on
- You'll be helping DRW manage its funds efficiently by developing and maintaining simple and robust data pipelines written mostly in Ruby and Clojure that perform complex analysis on all of the firm's and some of the market's data.
- You'll care about interest rates, charges, trade limits, risk based limits, liquidity, and much more.
- You'll be using some calculation engines you write and some that are provided by third parties.
- You'll get to find innovative ways to integrate disparate technologies and provide real and valuable insights to the business.
- You'll decide which data needs to be up-to-the-second actionable and which data needs to be curated over long periods to gain daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly insights.
- You'll enable the communication mechanism for that data whether it be alerting, dashboards, ad-hoc querying, or complex data visualization.
- You'll work closely with your customers inside the firm to bring reliable, concrete, and introspect-able numbers to fuel their deep industry expertise.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.