About Us- dmg Events
dmg events is an international exhibitions and publishing company. We attract more than 425,000 visitors to our global portfolio of 80 exhibitions each year. Through our global events, our aim is simple. We want to accelerate business through face-to-face events, which is why we work so hard to bring people together, creating opportunities for them to network, learn and do business. dmg events is part of the Daily Mail Group Trust (DMGT). DMGT Manages a diverse, multinational portfolio of companies with total revenues of £2bn, that provide businesses and consumers with compelling information, analysis, insight, events, news and entertainment.
Based in Dubai, you will be responsible for shaping, building and executing the conference content on one of our exciting portfolios and also working on a new event! The event will take place in February 2023 and is an international oil & gas conference and exhibition.
This role is key to the success of the growth and development of our business. It’s heavily focussed on year round content and the programme development of our global conferences but also covers other areas of conference management. Working alongside commercial, marketing, PR, data & digital, operations teams you will report directly to the head of content working on a number of major international large-scale, small-scale and new business launches.
This is an exciting and highly varied global role that will demand your intellectual autonomy, creativity, and an ability to think beyond the standard commercial conference ‘conveyor belt’ production cycle.
The Conference Producer’s responsibility is to deliver all aspects of the conference, as the lead owner of content, the product, and relationships within the industry, including all aspects of the programme lifecycle:
- Development and management of new and existing relationships with relevant market stakeholders, including industry leaders, partner organisations, vendors, and the media
- Programme research and development
- Speaker acquisition
- Leadership to ensure onsite delivery is executed with excellence and speaker and attendee/sponsor relationships are strengthened
- Continual assessment of regional and global market dynamics to identify opportunities for the development of conference content offerings
- Liaising with Conference Chair/s and Governing Body members.
- Organising and running Governing Body meetings to determine conference themes, topics, session chairs, and speakers
- Conducting telephone and in-person research with potential attendees in the target market to develop programme agendas
- Joining SPEX calls and meetings with existing and potential clients
- Ensuring that the conference agenda is at the highest level of commercial viability for both sponsorship and delegate sales
- Recruiting highly-esteemed leading experts, industry representatives, regulators, government representatives, and other relevant speakers to your programme faculty.
- Researching and providing strategic information required to market and sell conferences to the marketing and sales functions, including:
- detailed information on the target market both in terms of sector and geographic markets
- relevant industry associations and publications
- competitive events
- Attending conferences to promote the conference, gather market intelligence, and to network with potential speakers and delegates to establish and maintain relationships pre- and post- conference.
Conference Project Management
- Maintaining close links with management to ensure that they are kept up to date with the status of events
- Preparing and sending weekly / monthly reports, as appropriate
- Working closely with the operations team to ensure delivery of a first-class on-site conference experience for attendees
- Travelling nationally and internationally to conferences and onsite project and team management to ensure the successful, high-quality delivery of customer services and the event experience to delegates, as well as speaker liaison to ensure all speaker preparation and requirements are taken care of and that the faculty feel welcome, comfortable, and happy to participate in our conferences
You will be…
- You will be passionate, dedicated, and knowledgeable about developing smart, profitable, and industry-leading conferences and have proven and comprehensive experience of applying efficient and effective processes to your own successful conference portfolio.
- You will demonstrate the ability to simultaneously manage a portfolio of international event products
- You will show how you are able to create leading-edge marketing and sales campaigns
- You will be open to international travel, as required by the job role.
Skills and Experience Required
- Knowledge of Indian markets (desirable)
- Minimum 2-3 years conference production experience
- Excellent networking and information gathering abilities
- Engaging, professional, and diplomatic demeanour
- Comfortable conducting regular phone calls and meetings with industry figures
- Strong teamwork skills to ensure the efficient running of the event team across content, marketing, sales and operations
- Self-Disciplined and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver with the ability to break down complex concepts, make logical comparisons, and identify underlying patterns and connections
- Agile learner with the ability to develop in-depth technical knowledge on diverse topics and an understanding of key commercial drivers underlying your products
- Resilient, with a strong desire to succeed
- Foreign language skills or the willingness to learn foreign languages is desirable