We are looking for an awesome Senior Support Engineer to join our team!
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
The Senior Support Engineer position at Bottomline Technologies is a challenging and rewarding one. In this role you will work with Cyber Fraud and Risk Management (CFRM) systems to triage and analyze technical issues, many based in Production environments. Activities of this role include triaging, troubleshooting, planning, implementing, testing, and documenting. Some issues will be worked and resolved entirely by the Support Engineer directly, while others will need escalation and liaison with other teams at Bottomline. Working with new technologies, the satisfaction of identifying and preventing/improving recurring problems, and collaborating with others - from project managers to system administrators – are just some of the benefits this role has to offer. Support Engineers are vital to Bottomline’s success as they provide timely and efficient fixes and updates to keep our customers happy.
This position is based at our Englewood Cliffs, NJ location or remote in NA.
- Triaging new support requests and communicating with customers to collect necessary information, get clarification, and keep them updated on status
- Analyzing configurations, workflows, and code to identify defects in Bottomline’s Cyber Fraud and Risk Management (CFRM) solutions
- Implementing fixes for defects
- Contributing to automation tools/reports that improve support of both internal and external customers
- Creating/updating documentation and wiki articles
- Providing regular updates to Customer Service about the status of support requests
- Join calls with financial institution customers and other teams at Bottomline representing and fielding questions on Bottomline’s CFRM solutions
- Some Travel (on average one week every ten weeks)
- 4 year college degree (in CS or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of Support and customer facing experience. Experience with financial market customers an advantage.
- Good understanding of RDBMS concepts; development experience in Oracle, MySQL or similar enterprise
- Java experience
- Solid experience in Windows and Linux or other UNIX based OS
- Experience with Network hardware, Network capturing devices and Network protocols a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English) with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences