An Infrastructure & Network Engineer in the Service Bureau is a key role which involves ensuring all components and assets are maintained to meet the provision of services.
His job is to ensure the stable operation of the Service Bureau assets. This includes developing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. This role is also to ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
He is also responsible for ensuring that the up-time, performance, resources, and security of the servers and software he manages, meet the requirements of the Bureau.
This position is for the Bottomline Service Bureau, which is a powerful and scalable on-demand platform providing cost-effective delivery of the entire Bottomline GTSuite financial messaging solutions portfolio. It provides banks and corporations with seamlessly integrated financial messaging solutions, enabling global multi-bank cash and liquidity management.
Delight our customers by:
- Having customer service skills, always striving to improve services to meet customer and business needs.
Work together by:
- Maintaining all components and assets are maintained to meet the provision of services.
- Ensuring the stable operation of the Service Bureau assets.
- Developing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Ensuring effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Being responsible for the up-time, performance, resources, and security of the servers and software he manages, meet the requirements of the Service Bureau.
- Planning, managing and implementing infrastructure projects and upgrades to meet Company goals.
- Developing strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Designing and implementing short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements
Constantly improving by:
- Testing network/server performance and providing network/server performance statistics and reports
- Conducting research and making recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards
- Conducting performance reviews and corrective actions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical terminology to people with limited or no technical understanding
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proactive and solutions driven
- Be able to liaise with all staff levels
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgetary limitations
- Customer, end-user and external support company liaison skills
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Work under pressure
- Experience in virtualization: Nutanix (Acropolis), VMWare
- OS knowledge: Linux (RedHat), Windows
- RedHat Satellite, OP5 Monitoring, LVM…
- Active Directory, Group Policy Object, Domain Controller….
- Scripting knowledge: Bash, Python
- Strong experience in Networking and Security (VPN, Firewall, Routing/Switching, RSA…)
- Knowledge or interest in Automation and new technologies (Puppet, Jenkins, Terraform, Bitbucket, Docker/Kubernetes)
- Backup and Storage management
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws to company operations.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Secondly, we believe that your soft skills are also very important, such as:
- Sens of responsibility
- Creative Thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Positivity and an optimist approach
- Positive intent
It is required to be fluent in English and in French.