Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for Sales Consultant- Legal Solutions to innovate, win, and grow with us in Portsmouth, NH.
As a member of the Legal Spend Management (LSM) team, you will be focused on driving new Law Firm Analytics sales. In this role, you will partner with LSM Services team throughout the sales cycle: pre-sales qualification, business driver identification, solution requirements and technical guidance. This role requires fast thinking, answering prospects questions about using the Law Firm Analytics application to address reporting and analytics needs. You must exhibit domain expertise and superior product knowledge. This position will focus on pre sales activities through transitioning to the Services team to ensure client success.
How you’ll contribute:
- Developing and expanding relationships with law firms to increase sales
- Drive entire sales process from discovery through contract presentment
- Be the subject matter expert to demonstrate benefits, provide industry insight, and overcome objections
- System Demonstration
- Conduct demonstrations of Legal Firm Analytics (LFA)
- Configure data and workflow setups in demonstration systems to model client requirements and ensure the best representation of the platform’s capabilities.
- Coordinate with product management and delivery teams to keep demonstration systems current with the latest product releases and enhancements.
- Solution Design and Definition
- Create Value Propositions and other artifacts as needed to generate new business.
- Use the communication medium most suited to a given audience – executive summary PowerPoint presentation, detailed Word design document, gap analysis spreadsheet – to ensure understanding of the solution at different levels.
- Work with clients to suggest alternative workflows to minimize customization and maximize use of the LFA solution.
- Partner with internal and third party experts to generate guides and other technical collateral to help accelerate sales and implementations.
- Build Client Relationships
- Work with the client’s key contacts (Managing Partners, Billing Operations) to understand the client’s organization – decision makers, influencers, followers – and actively build and maintain relationships across the spectrum of influence.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client
- Process Improvement
- Continuously improve internal processes, particularly in the areas of sales support
- Bring prospect feedback related to technical and product enhancements to the Product Management team for consideration
- Manage pipeline reports and keep all internal systems up-to-date with current opportunity status
What will make you successful:
- 3-5+ years of computer software sales and/or service experience, preferably in the legal industry and/or Property & Casualty Insurance industry
- Strong interpersonal and business development skills, as well as highly effective sales, relationship building and motivational skills
- Excellent follow up skills and bring a sense of urgency in answering questions, resolving issues/questions, as well coordinating internal cross functional teams to appropriately respond to needs
- Proven ability to assess sales strategy strengths and gaps, and make suggestions for process improvement
- Highly organized and capable of working effectively individually and across functional groups
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets
- Must be a “people person”, motivated to build and maintain professional relationships.
- BA/BS in a business or technology field, or equivalent experience
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBottomline